Saturday, August 24, 2013

My First Week of School


Cartoon School Bus
I survived the first week of school!  I have a great group of students in my class this year.  I loved the first week of school but I am glad it is over.  This weekend will be a nice chance for me relax and try to get a jump start on my planning for next week.

One of my favorite activities for the first day of school is reading the book First Day Jitters to my class.  The girls in my class loved reading the book this year and they were so surprised by the ending.

After we read the book we talked about the things that we had "jitters" about on the first day of school.  We wrote all of our ideas on the board. Then each student completed a worksheet completing the sentence "On the first day of school I had jitters about:__________."



You can download the worksheet to use with your class here.

What is your favorite activity to do during the first week of school?  Let us know if the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment